In the recent years, the concept of jailbreaking your device has become common and popular among Apple users. Apple devices do not give away every possible function with its default settings, for this purpose, its users prefer to jailbreak their device for the betterment. Whether you use iOS 6 or any other version of it such as iOS 6.0.1 or above, whether you use iOS 7 or iOS 7.0.1 or above you always find a reason to jailbreak your device (iPhone or iPad or iPod). Jailbreaking has now become very easy which adds to its popularity of being common among the users whole over the world. The popularity of jailbreak ios with pangu has increased to such extent that people instantly go on to complete the process of jailbreaking right after buying the device. Absence or failure in jailbreaking their iOS version, eagerness grows in them related to it.
They wait for any such development in their particular iOS version. For such purposes many programs and software have been introduced to help the iOS users. Jailbreaking ios with pangu is not complicated anymore. A simplest way to jailbreak your iOS 9.3.1 has been given below using the program known as Pangu.
Different types of Jailbreaks:
There are originally three types of jailbreaks, but recently the fourth type has been introduced by the team Pangu. Different types of jailbreaks have been written below, they are:
1. Untethered Jailbreak
In the case of an untethered jailbreak, if the device is turned off by the user and is turned on, it will start again completely and the kernel will be patched without the help of a computer hence making it possible for the user to boot the device without the use of a computer. These are not possible for common users like normal people because these jailbreaks are harder to make and take a lot of reverse engineering and years of experience. Therefore this type of jailbreak is to be started only with proper care and precautions because your device is safety is way more important.
2. Tethered Jailbreak
Under this ‘tethered jailbreak’, the computer or windows PC which you are using will be needed to turn on the device (which you are trying to jailbreak) each time it is rebooted. If the device starts back up on its own, it will no longer have a patched kernel, and it may get stuck in a partially started state. Also under this type of jailbreak, whenever the phone is rebooted there will be a need of a jailbreak once again.
3. Semi Tethered Jailbreak:
Third type of Jailbreak is ‘Semi tethered jailbreak’. This means that when the device boots, it will no longer have a patched kernel (so it will not be able to run modified code), but it will still be usable for normal functions such as making phone calls, or texting. In order to start with a jailbroken kennel, device will need to be started with a code by the user.
4. Semi Untethered Jailbreak:
This is the most recent Jailbreak introduced in July 2016. This form of jailbreak was introduced by the team ‘Pangu’ (about whom we have told in later part). It has the functions of untetherd jailbreak and semi tethered jailbreak. So whenever the device boots, it will no longer have patched kennel and also a computer is not required to re-patch the kernel in order to re-enable the jailbreak.
All About PanGu:
As we told you already that Pangu Team introduced the recent type of Jailbreak i.e. Semi Untethered Jailbreak., we will acknowledge some facts about Pangu.Some facts about Pangu are given below:
- Pangu is a free tool which is used to jailbreak your iOS device
- Pangu supports 64-bit devices such as iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5 and so on.
- Being tethered, it requires jailbreak every time you reboot your device.
- Pangu jailbreak works on iOS 9.2, iOS 9.2.1, iOS 9.3, iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.3.2 & iOS 9.3.3
- Before following the process, make sure you have taken a backup of all your data including iTunes and iCloud so that it can be restored after finishing the process.
- To use Pangu jailbreak, you will need a Windows PC
Steps to jailbreak iOS 9.3.1 by using PanGu:
As now you know about the requirements to jailbreak ios with pangu, we should now start with the process of Jailbreak. Make sure you complete the requirements before starting the step one as it is very important to do the process correctly with a proper care as a small mistake can disturb the functioning of your device whether it is iPhone or iPad or iPod, it doesn’t matter. These small mistakes if happen can disturb the functioning of your device and its applications and related softwares such as iTunes, iCloud, etc. Follow the following steps:
- Step #1: To Jailbreak ios with pangu you need to download 25pp. To download 25pp, you need to go to the official website of 25pp and download the 25pp installer. Currently, 25pp only works on Windows. So it’s mandatory to carry this process on Windows PC as mentioned above in requirements.
- Step #2: After it is completely downloaded, go to your downloads folder and open it by double clicking on it. When you open it, ‘setup’ file will be there. Press the setup button to install it on your Windows PC.
- Step #3: Now connect your iOS device you want to jailbreak (iPhone or iPad or iPod) to your Windows PC through a USB cable.
- Step #4: Right click on ‘PP’ icon and choose the option of ‘run as administrator’ from the options which appear on screen on the right click.
- Step #5: If your device is iOS 9.3.1 or above a popup will be displayed on screen to jailbreak it. If no popup appears, it means that your device is not compatible with Pangu Jailbreak.
- Step #6: In the center of the screen, a big green button will be there. Click on this button to start installing the PP Jailbreak app on your device. Make sure your PC and device have a proper internet connection as it requires a strong network connectivity.
- Step #7: Now launch PP application. It will ask you to allow push notifications. Accept it.
- Step #8: You need to uncheck the little box below the circle button. This will prevent PP Assistant from getting installed on your device. Now in the middle of the screen, you will see a circle button. Click on it.
- Step #9: To start Jailbreak process, you need to lock your device. It won’t be done automatically, do it manually. When the process of Jailbreak is finished, you will receive a notification. This notification will indicate that Cydia has started installing. Ignore any such notification saying “Storage almost full”
- Step #10: Do not disturb your device and let it remain as it is. Do not unlock it until everything is completed. Wait until it reboots automatically.
- Step #11: After your device is rebooted, you will see ‘Cydia’ icon on home screen of your iPhone or iPad or iPod whatever you are trying to jailbreak. If this icon is there, it means that your device is successful in completing the jailbreak process.
Hope, this will help you out!