In the world of jailbreaking, Pangu stands among the bold. Since appearing in 2014 with jailbreak for iOS 7.1 they have panned out to be a great deal for jailbreakers. They also faced some skepticism since they were new and unknown, but they have grown to become among the leaders in the game. Since releasing the untethered jailbreak for iOS7.1 they have not been disappointing.
The team stood out as the only team to produce a jailbreak that could hold up throughout 2014, but in December they were faced by a new competition in TaiG who were just breaking into the scene. As they say what does not kill you makes you stronger, against the odds this competition proved to be the right impetus to keep Pangu on course every time there was an update on iOS.
The competition was so stiff that when iOS 8 was released, Pangu broke the record to become the fastest group to release a jailbreak, within a time of two days. As if that was not enough, when iOS 8 was released in 2015, with in only four weeks they had a jailbreak out. Usually it takes months before a jailbreak comes out, but this team has reinvented the wheel.
How to perform a jailbreak with Pangu
- Use iTunes or iCloud to back up on iOS 10
- Use your computer to download Pangu Jailbreak
- Ensure you save the files after extracting
- Run the file as an administrator by right-clicking and selecting the option.
- Be sure to connect your device to your computer
- Make sure you disable your passcode
- Give pangu tool some time to detect your device, select start pangu iOS 10 jailbreak
- While the jailbreak is in progress, you will receive requests to put your phone in airplane mode
- When the jailbreak is done, the device will reboot and you will be able to see the Cydia icon on your home screen.
- Configure Cydia by tapping on the icon and following the instructions, enjoy the downloads.
Below are the devices supported by pangu jailbreak
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone 5/5S/5C
- iPhone 4S
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini, 2, 3
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPod Touch 5, 6
Even though they can be absent sometimes, Pangu has continued to provide very reliable jailbreaks and do look like they can be depended on for a long time. the has been a rumor that Pangu and TaiG could merge in the future, but let us just leave that in the future for it does not seem to happen anytime soon.
Jailbreak for iOS 10
iOS 10 will be launched in June 2016 at the WWDC, definitely, Pangu has not buried their heads in the sand as they must be working round the clock putting the Beta Version to test. Based on their past work, we can rest assured that we will get a jailbreak soon.
Just to bring you up to speed in case you are wondering where the name Pangu came from, it is Chinese “The first living being and creator of the Universe.” enjoy yourself as you keep watch of anything related to Pangu and iOS 10 jailbreaks.